I recently downloaded Windows Live Writer with my messenger update, so now I am testing it out to see if it is easier to use than blogger’s web-based post editor. So far it is nice because it has detected my style sheet, so my post has the background and correct font as I edit. Also, the preview feature shows the post in the context of the whole blog, which is much more than blogger’s “preview.” I am now noticing that spell check is working well (Chrome’s built-in spell check doesn’t always work in all text fields).
So, let’s add some media.
Wow! I have the option of sizing the image for the post, then setting a different size for the pop-out link. I also easily added alternate text commentary. I can also choose from several nice border styles.
Now a video.
Cool. There’s also quick links for inserting tables and maps, although I will probably still embed maps manually since Google Earth is WAY cooler than Microsoft’s Virtual Earth. (Actually I wouldn’t know cuz I haven’t even used it, meh.)
I’m waiting for my video to upload and “process”…hmmm…it seems to be taking a long time (10+ minutes now). But I am using free wireless at a cafe.
I think the only thing I won’t like about using this program is that my images will get uploaded to some Microsoft-affiliated sharing website instead of Picasa, which may be annoying since Picasa is so easily accessible from Gmail.
Oh no! Fatal flaw! As you may have noticed, there is no video above. Finally, after waiting for about 20 minutes, the video failed to upload. The explanation: Soapbox does not support Chrome! hahahaha…I don’t usually upload my own videos anyway.
Ok, now I need to do some actual work…
