I love this article about health care because it articulates everything I believe about the system, and it's not written by an economist, so maybe more people will take it seriously. It is possible to support both health care reform and less bureaucracy.
But on the topic of actual economics, I think Paul Krugman's latest is spot on, even though he bugs me most of the time. He's careful to say that Keynesian policy is the best set of theoretical tools we've got right now, not that it is the correct set of tools. However, is it really that ridiculous to think that people overreact to things en masse (i.e. the crappy retail season right after the all the financial hoopla), causing firms to cut back, resulting in a recession? Isn't that exactly what just happened???
Last but not least, I totally knew that fake sugar is STUPID!!! The processed foods industry will still probably try to slap health food labels on to it anyway. Ugh.
OOPS: The Krugaman link is here.
Fault Taunting
-
[image: One of the first things they teach you is to NEVER play with the
geology toy over a mantle hotspot.]
6 days ago