Monday, December 1, 2008

New Mexico, Part I: Snow in Santa Fe

This is the first installment of my Thanksgiving road trip to New Mexico.  It was quite an adventure!  First, of course, is the snow.  Silly me, I thought that Santa Fe would be pretty similar to Tucson.  No, it was 20 F colder, and there was tall grass, trees, and no cacti!  It snowed nearly all day on Thanksgiving, so we went out for a walk after dinner.  It was the first snow of the season, which was pretty late for the region.  I thought it was just perfect that we got to see the before and after.

This is part of the amazing view of the greenbelt behind my cousin's house.  Lucky!




It wasn't quite freezing, so the snow started to melt during our walk, but the sunset was still pretty gorgeous.



Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of downtown Santa Fe, so I will have to go back!  It is an adorable town, with tons of galleries, nice restaurants, and beautiful jewelry and crafts for sale.  Mario got all the great pics, so I'll add the link when he posts.