The first part of the hike sucks because it's almost 2 miles along a boring road.
But it gets better when you see...ta da! Water! Actual running, moving, "babbling" water!!!
There is even evidence of wildlife, like this duck that was very seriously stalking a female along the banks, and a crowd of at least 4 bunnies (not all visible, they are so freaking fast). We also saw deer but they blended so well into the backgroud you can't even see them in the pic I got.
For some reason, I think it's really cool how the flesh of a dying cactus looks like the bark of a tree. When they are completely dead they look like driftwood!
It was so amazing to hike along a creek. It had been so long! I was entranced by the moving water; I have about a million pic of the cold stuff flowing over and around the rocks. Here is a sample:
There is enough water in the canyon to support some non-desert foliage. In some places the air actually smelled fresh.
Finally, the falls.
And a close-up of the pools. Some of the rocks are smooth enough to slide on, if you don't mind the cold water.
It's a popular spot. This was taken at one of the quieter moments.