Tuesday, March 2, 2010

In case you think you didn't spend enough on the airline ticket...

...you can gamble as soon as you get here!!!


Yes, those are slot machines in the Las Vegas airport. They were the first thing I saw getting off the plane. I was thoroughly entertained while waiting to meet my friends there. If I had been hungover or jetlagged, I could have paid to huff air freshener -- um, I mean meditate while inhaling aromatherapy essential-oil infused oxygen -- at the Oxygen Bar and Spa.


Note the sign on the right that mentions massages. It means that the girl rolls one of those wooden sticks with balls over your back. I didn't check the price, but it was still probably at least $50.

Another amusing particular. In Tucson, I can't drive a mile without passing at least one dollar store, but here there is the $10 store.


It does look like the merchandise is a little nicer than what you get at the dollar store. And, just for fun, a view of the grand canyon from the plane, since I was so excited to not be sitting over the wing.